Legislators Promoting Telcos
- Sens. Cory Gardner (R-Colo.) and Maggie Hassan (D-N.H.) reintroduced a new version of their Airwaves Act, which aims to free up more wireless spectrum for private companies
- Cornyn (R), Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-California), Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), and Patrick Leahy (D-Vermont) introduce bill to clarify & support Freedom of Information requests after Supreme Court Ruling
- Reps. Yvette Clarke (D-N.Y.), Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) and Ayanna Pressley (D-Mass.) introduced bill to prohibit the use of facial recognition technology in most federally funded public housing to prevent use as "guinea pigs" (July 2019)
- Sen.s Edward Markey (D-MA) & Blumenthal (D-CT) introduce Security and Privacy in Your Car (SPY Car) Act
- Senators Markey and Blumenthal want to know why investors are told more about risks of connected cars than consumers
- Sen.s Markey & Blumenthal reintroduce the Cybersecurity Standards for Aircraft to Improve Resilience (Cyber AIR) Act – requires the disclosures re: cyberattacks, establishment of standards address cybersecurity vulnerabilities, & a report to study cybersecurity vulnerability of consumer Wi-Fi on planes.
- Senator Markey: would be helpful to know exactly what he means by this. In truth, the concept of hard-wiring should not be reasonable enough to expect from any point of view, but how would he accomplish this?